There are many topics that can be discussed when communicating with someone across a long distance relationship.
Here are 50 creative long distance relationship conversation topics
How to Keep the Conversation Going
In any relationship, communication is key. This is especially true for long distance relationships. If you can’t talk to your partner, the relationship will likely not last. There are a few things you can do to make sure your conversations stay interesting and engaging.
First, make sure you are both on the same page. Talk about what you want to talk about before you start talking. This will help keep the conversation flowing and prevent it from becoming stagnant.
Second, be creative with your conversations. Talk about things that aren’t necessarily related to your relationship. This will help keep things interesting and prevent boredom from setting in.
Finally, make use of technology. Technology has made it easier than ever to stay connected with your partner no matter where they are. Use video chats, text messages, and email to keep the conversation going.
Discussing Your Daily Routine
When you’re in a long-distance relationship, one of the things you have to get good at is conversation. You need to find ways to keep the spark alive, even when you can’t be together. One way to do that is by discussing your daily routine.
Talking about what you did that day can help you feel close to your partner, even if they’re miles away. It’s also a great way to share updates on your life and keep each other informed. Plus, it can be fun to compare notes and see how your days differed.
Of course, not every conversation will be interesting, but that’s okay. The key is to make sure you’re having regular conversations, so you don’t drift apart. And if things ever get stale, why not try mixing things up with some fun questions?
Talking About Your Hobbies and Interests
When you’re in a long distance relationship, it’s important to find ways to connect with your partner. One way to do that is by talking about your hobbies and interests. This can help you learn more about each other and it can also be a fun way to chat.
Here are some questions you can ask your partner about their hobbies and interests:
How did you get interested in this hobby?
Do you have any plans to pursue it further?
What are your favorite things about it?
What’s the most challenging part?
Sharing Your Dreams and Aspirations
One topic that often comes up in long distance conversations is dreams and aspirations. Sharing your hopes and dreams with your partner can help keep you connected and feeling close, even when you’re miles apart. It’s also a great way to get feedback and encouragement from the person you love.
When my partner and I first started talking, we spent hours sharing our dreams for the future. We talked about everything from our careers to our travel plans. It was a great way to learn more about each other, and it helped us feel closer to each other despite the distance between us.
Talking about your dreams can also be a way to build excitement for the future. When my partner and I are having a tough day, we’ll often talk about all the amazing things we’re looking forward to doing together once we’re finally reunited.
50 Simple Questions to Keep the Conversation Going
- What social injustices make you angry?
- What are your top five snack foods?
- Why does evil exist?
- What’s your favorite organization you’ve volunteered with?
- Which sports team would you rename, and to what would you rename them?
- Why are humans afraid to die?
- Do you keep in touch with your high school friends, and will you continue to?
- Who are your favorite relatives?
- How do you usually hear about the latest news? (podcasts, newspaper, Facebook)
- When have you needed to use survival skills?
- How do your music choices influence your daily emotions and vice versa?
- Is it hard for you to maintain long-distance friendships
- What is your dream car?
- Can you name one thing that you know is kind of ridiculous, but you’re adamant about and will argue over it to the death?
- Choose one and explain your choice: dog, cat, fish, or bird?
- Which game show do you think you’d definitely win?
- What’s the most thought-provoking podcast you’ve heard recently?
- Would you become an astronaut if you had the chance?
- What’s the most beautifully-designed building you’ve ever seen?
- What chores did you love and hate?
- What are your siblings like? What makes each one unique?
- Which sandwich topping do you most identify with?
- What’s the most recent comedy special you’ve seen?
- Where is your family originally from, and how much of that culture has your family retained?
- How have you changed during college?
- What’s your favorite study spot on campus and why?
- How much does the “college experience” matter?
- What’s the secret to becoming an excellent storyteller?
- Would you move back to the place you grew up in?
- What toy did you think you would never outgrow?
- What’s the funniest lyric you’ve ever misheard?
- What’s your favorite season?
- What’s the longest you’ve ever worn a pair of jeans without washing them?
- Do you care about how many unread emails you have?
- What friends of yours do you think I should get to know more?
- Would you rather read the book then seen the movie, or see the movie and read the book?
- Did you ever have a favorite childhood toy?
- For what occasion did you wear the fanciest clothes you’ve ever worn?
- Have you ever been betrayed by a friend or family member?
- If you had to, what would you change your name to?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What do you think of the trend for businesses to focus on “social good”?
- What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
- What is one thing you’ve done that you’re most proud of?
- Who taught you how to drive?
- What was your favorite book series as a kid?
- Do you plan to stay involved as an alumni?
- Why do humans exist?
- How many people really, truly know you?
- Where is your favorite coffee shop and why do you love it?
In conclusion, having a list of topics to discuss can help keep a long distance relationship strong. By staying connected and keeping the lines of communication open, couples can maintain their relationship despite the physical distance.
Whether you are new to long distance dating or have been doing it for a while, these 50 creative long distance relationship conversation topics will help you stay close to your loved one.