*Edited to include a few things I forgot/didn’t know about.
I have been thinking about writing this post all week because I keep forgetting I have a sideblog (move your eyes left and down) and before I know it I have a whole list of links I want to share with the Internet that would swamp the poor thing.
Plus, I just have bits and bobs of news to share.
Plus, plus, I have been trying to be a bit more focused and deliberate with my posting. I have been a total slacker lately.
Plus, plus, PLUS, I am trying to avoid thinking about the age-old blogger dilemma of if posts I’ve written on a touchy subject should see the light of day or not.
Here ya go. Enjoy. :)
- I’m gearing up to start a 6-weeks stint as an LG “TextEd Ambassador”. If you have tweens/teens that use cell phones you might want to chip in your 2-cents on this week’s topic, “Mobile Meanness”.
- My good friend, Karen, never ceases to amaze and inspire me. And she was a really good sport that one time at Olive Garden when I asked the waitress to take take an anniversary “Lady and the Tramp” spaghetti photo of us to document all our devoted years being in love. (I’m an interesting person to have as a friend. I like to keep things lively.) She and 3 friends have teamed up determined to finally lose the weight that has been their life-long foe and have just started a blog to get support, accountability and community. Having been right where they stand (Hi, I weighed 300 lbs and was total “pity date’ material in high school and college, remember?) I admire the hell out of them.
- Sandi has an insanely hectic life (Hello, 15 children=hectic. She runs a tight ship like you couldn’t believe. It’s a happy house, y’all. I’ve seen it.). Sandi has been there a lot for me and I love her dearly. She has walked a hell of a walk (as have I). This is one of the most honest, gut-wrenching looks at divorce, kids, adultery, true love, and what it can all do to your life for the not-so-good and the good and how feelings can change and things can mend and heal but still remind us not to charge willy-nilly into pain. (Love you, Sandi.)
- Ads the like of which we are never likely to see again. (My jaw dropped, dudes.)
- I totally did the “I-can’t-sleep-do-to-thinking-about-things-I’d-rather-not-so-let’s-buy-pretty-stuff-online-Loralee” last night and bought this bracelet in mustard from Allora Handmade. (She was sold out at The Creative Connetction.)
- Speaking of The Creative Connection, I love the photos that Tiffany took of the conference. (She took that purdy one above as well as the one below of me as “The Creative Connection Fairy”.). If you are in the Seattle area and need a photographer? The Fancy Farm Girl is your woman.
- *After posting, the lovely Lauri Tweeted that this video was up. I have been trying and trying and TRYING to convey how PRETTY everything was. Every meal was like a wedding. Well…HERE YOU GO. (Seriously, it was insanely awesome.)
- I love Palinode. (Just look at his “official seal”. How could you not like the man?) He makes me guffaw. As did this short take on a couple of movies. (Snort)
- Here is some listening music for you on this fine Sunday. I am currently “heathen status” but I have a fine appreciation for hymns and this is one of my very favorite pieces of music, ever. I have cried in performance 3 times in my life (which when you realize how much I perform is not a bad track record) and performing this arrangement at The Mormon Tabernacle in Salt Lake with 2,500 singers, full symphony and the organ open full force pretty much made me sob like the little girl I am. (And if you are in Cache Valley on October 9th, please join us for a concert of Mac Wilburg arrangements. This piece included. We sound effing awesome, people. :) )
- Don’t forget about my $100 give away and 6-month supply of 8th Continent ($50 ERV) where we cop to our individual moments of “fail” as parents. Would love to hear what yours is. :) )
Does this bag make my butt look big? ;)
Photo credit: The Fancy Farm Girl (duh)
Since I’d rather you just read the links and enjoy your day, feel no need to comment, y’all. Unless you have a link you’d like to share with all of of us! (I’m always looking for fun, interesting reads). Or, if you just want to tell me my butt looks awesome. Then by ALL means, go ahead. :)