Hey! How have you been? What has been going on this
Memorial LABOR Day**** weekend? Really? Oh, that is just super! Me? Oh, well…We were supposed to go to Jonathan’s family this weekend for a family music festival. (I know. Insert images of The Von Trapp Family Singers in Liederhausen, here.) We are not there. Why? Probably because my children have taken turns vomiting all over themselves, their beds, me, and just about every other surface in my house EXCEPT THE TOILET.
Between that, yet more family issues that I can’t talk about, and wanting to tear my hair out with the IRS and some situations at my kid’s school, I don’t really feel like writing about my life in detail today. Worry not. I found a great solution.
I’m going to through out some linkylove to the universe. There have been so many things that I have loved in the blogosphere that it is high time I start sharing some of them. Even though the lovely, Oh, the Joys almost sacrificed her fingers for her linky love devotion to you this weekend, I still thought I’d through my 2-cents in.
I thought that due to Labor Day weekend that there would only be really slim pickings, but I was pleasantly surprised! Here are some highlights this week:
- Have y’all met Heather of Oh My Stinkin’ Heck? If not, you should. She is one of the designers responsible for this nifty page template that I use. She’s very real, friendly and funny. I think she’s gorgeous. Even while growing her hair out and not wearing makeup. (Oh, that I could look that cute in such a state.)
- Schnozzfest makes a great visual illustration about how much difference laboriously applied, high-end product can do for a girl in this post. I’ve taken a shine to The Schnozz. She is a real, live, Roller Derby chick. WOW. She’s very nice, even though I may never peep at her again due to a couple of emails that may or may not have made me come off as totally insane.
- Something that made me laugh this week: Amber (Crazy Blogging Canuck). I don’t think that you necessarily have to be a Mormon to appreciate the horrors of anchoring the news for a Chrsitian College TV station and be caught shaking your bosoms because you don’t realize you’re “Live”. Heh.
- The funniest term I’ve heard for this sort of thing in quite some time.
- I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE RED SWAP. The swaparooni is the brain child of OMSH (Oh my stinkin’ heck. You remember? From above? Gorgeous? Funny? Even without makeup? Yah. Her.) I got my partner today and have to figure out my likes and dislikes and mail her. Y’all should consider joining in next month. Maybe by then I will figure out how to add the damn badge to my frickin sidebar. :)
- Serving the Queens: Oh, this woman’s story. I feel it so deeply. I can’t even express how much. It’s one of those things that grab hold of your heart and don’t let go.
- How “Walkable” is your neighborhood? I found this cool little link through Occidental Girl’s Blog. My address gets a score of only 40, but it’s higher than I thought it would be, frankly. What’s your score?
- Jose is back to blogging and he linked to this commercial. I’ve never seen it, but it made me GRIN. Even if you aren’t someone who dreamed of being an engineer or scientist as a kid you can totally relate to the theme and it will just make you happy and possibly a wee big nostalgic for kidhood.
- I like Rhubarbarb. Now you know.
This was fun. So fun that I’ll do it more often. After all, isn’t sharing things I like with everyone part of why I blog in the first place? (And, ya know…It’s always nice to see Technorati authority go up. ).
Mainly, Internet, I just want to thank you for being there for me this weekend. You are way better than TV. And vomit. Just to make that clear.
***(I wish I could blame the above error on something terribly mind-altering like lots and lots of drinking/whoring/and/or narcotics consumption. Alas, I think that sleepless nights and children perpetually vomiting on my person has made me befuddled. That, and Darth Vadar from the planet Vulcan melted my brain because I didn’t take Lorraine to the “Enchantment Under the Sea” dance.)