There has been so much going on. While I may expound on a few of these when I am more capeable, here are some bits and pieces.
- My niece is keeping Ellie Nan. We weren’t sure if she would be placed for adoption or not. It has been very traumatic and stressful for our family. Loads of emotions were being flung everywhere causing a lot of issues, hurt and stress. It was a huge decision, and I didn’t envy my niece in making it. It will be quite the challenge because she still has a year of high school left, but the most important thing is that she is at peace with the path she picked. She couldn’t give her up. As someone who has lost a baby (I know, it isn’t the same thing, but in my opinion it is damn close.) I understand, but she is only 17 and I also strongly support adoption, so it was tough to know how to feel. I just wanted her to do what she felt in her heart was the right thing and she did that. Right now the goal is to just help her as much as we can. She’s a straight-A student, and I just want her to be able to get through college. Hopefully, it will happen. She’s a hard worker, smart and is taking to motherhood like a duck to water, and Ellie is the sweetest little baby. I love and adore her. Everyone does. In my opinion, once decisions like this have been made you need to look at all the positives you can.
- A whole lot of stress and worry has been going on about James. The issue of where he lives may be resolved. (As far as I know. It seems that whenever I think it’s settled, um, it’s not.) He will remain here but he’ll be seeing more of his dad. Which has always been totally fine with me and an option. There aren’t many words adequate to describe my relief. That’s all I’ll say about it online, since this whole thing made me break my rule about never writing about my first husband out of respect and I feel torn about everything.
- It’s Nooncy’s BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR NOONCY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I hope you had a big serving up cupcakes for breakfast. (FYI to those who are new-Nooncy is my awesome sister-in-law) Last night we went to Happy Sumo for some killer, killer sushi. Big thanks to the bro for treating. Love you, Nan.
- PMS is wrecking havoc with me. I am so damn emotional lately. It’s exacerbated by my inability to just shut the hell up. Have you ever had times in your life where you just do and say the wrong thing all the time? With everyone and everything? Because that seems to be exactly where I am. I’ve been forceful, emotional and vocal in many of my blog comments and emails. When I’m trying to be helpful, it translates into drama and makes everything worse. Things I write come out as bitchy and hostile, when I don’t mean them to be. It’s weird for me. It’s causing me stress. I’ve gotten to the point where if I just can’t settle on down, I’m going to lock up my computer until I trust myself around it. Either that or just duct tape my damn mouth shut. (How do you lurkers do it? HOW?). Sorry if I have hurt or pissed people off, really I am.
- The boys went back to school yesterday (And there was much rejoicing. Yay…). We have a tradition with the boys of taking them out for breakfast on the first day of school. Yesterday was no exception. They decided that they wanted to dress alike, so I let them. I had cupcakes waiting for them when they got home (Again, another tradition).
- I got word that I will be the mezzo soloist in “The Messiah” again this year. Yippee!
- On my way back home from Salt Lake late last night, I stopped off to see a friend who lives in Ogden and we went for coffee at a rather ghetto coffee shop called Grounds for Coffee. The crowd hanging around outside kinda made me fear for my life, but we went in anyway since it was the only place still open. Ogden is kind of Utah’s answer to Detroit. There are some areas that are quite beautiful, but there are many areas that just, um, aren’t. I believe that the paper that was left on the table we sat down at says it all:
- I am hoping to gear up and get the rest of my trip planned this week. I’ll letcha know how it goes. OH, and if any of you camera types could please answer my camera question that is in my sideblog I’d really appreciate it.