I can be rather, um…INTENSE.
You can pretty much make a tree chart of my life by following major and minor obsessions.
I can’t just really think something is “OK”. I LOVE IT! It is AMAZING! Let me tell you about it 24 hours a day!
Even food is the same. I rotate them…it can’t just be A Twix bar…it has to be a case full in the freezer!
Let’s see…a quick list of examples (Both Major and Minor in various stages of my life)
Diet Coke-This has yet to subside…
- Thomas Edison Charter School
- Tide With Bleach
- RESEARCH-WAY too many subjects-books, wars (Faves:Agincourt, The massacre of Glencoe and The War of the Roses), social issues, Mormon History,Scotland,the black plague,Henry the VIII composers, authors, countries, events, Princess Diana’s wardrobe management (At least it isn’t Paris Hilton!) Mythology.
- Taking pictures
- Historic Crime (Jack the Ripper)
- The Criminal Justice System. Everything from offenders, to Lawyers to the Correctional System
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Speech and Debate
- Cherry Coke
- Fishing (None of my friends get this. Michelle was fairly stoked when I showed up on her door with a bunch of trout and said, “I caught you a delicious bass”-Napoleon Dynamite)
- Construction of Elementary curriculum (Music, Art, Poetry, Language)
- Army Pants
- Shakespeare and ALL things that involve him
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
- BBQ Potato Chips
- River Phoenix
- “A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius”
- Stand By Me
- Mint Chocolate Chip Shakes from a “Certain Store”
- Calloway’s Chocolate Cake
- Homemade soup
- Laurence Oliver His life and his work
- Time Magazine
- Big Pink Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Adam and everyone else involved
- “Dead Like Me”
- Playing the viola
- The Amy’s
- Playing Private Detective for loads of stuff
- Laughing. This has yet to subside either… :)
Many, Many, Many more…
When I REALLY decide to do something, it is all or nothing. Just the way I’m made. I feel kinda bad for the ‘people’ this happens to. While it can be great (I do do some pretty darn amazing things for people I love). It is just a lot.
If you’ve never basked in my “GLOW”…this is pretty much a great example:
Yes. I am Sauron…
At least my husband is ok with “some” of my obsessions.